Beet root and feta cheese salad
Delicious and super healthy
For this recipe you need to bake raw beets. Please don’t buy the pre-cooked ones; they loose most of their flavour and nutrients. You could bake more beets than you need for this recipe; you can keep them in the fridge for up to a week and you can use them for different recipes.
Beets are packed with essential nutrients like fibre, folate (vitamin B9), manganese, potassium, iron, and vitamin C. Beetroots have been associated with improved blood flow and lower blood pressure.
1 small red onion
2 tbsp olive oil
1-2 tbsp balsamic vinegar
1 tsp honey
Salt and pepper to taste
150 gr. feta cheese
1/2 cup walnuts
- Scrub beets, but don’t peel. Cut off the bad parts. Place in an oven dish with a lid, drizzle a little olive oil and bake in the oven at 200 degrees for 45-60 minutes until they are tender.
- Cut the beets into 1x1 cm cubes and place in a salad bowl.
- Cut the onion in half, lengthwise, then thinly slice to half rings. Add to the bowl.
- Add olive oil, vinegar, honey, salt and pepper and toss to combine.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top of the salad and scatter the walnuts.
Hi! My name is Galit Hahn, certified nutritionist an one of the nutrition experts of Renewmyday.
Let me be your guide bringing an indulging culinary world backed with nutritional science and a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual wellbeing.
I hope you will be inspired by my recipes!