Keto bread replacement
This grain-free (keto) cauliflower flat-bread recipe is suitable as a bread replacement for sandwiches for those who want to reduce carbohydrates and add lots of nutrition to their lunch.
1/2 cup almonds, can vary with walnuts
400 gr cauliflower florets
1/2 cup ground flax seeds (linseeds)
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
2 tsp turmeric
1 tbsp fibre husk (psyllium)
2 tbsp nutritional yeasts
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees and line a baking sheet with baking paper. Brush with a little olive oil.
- Place the sunflower seeds and almonds in the container of a food processor and, using the metal blade, whizz to a fine powder.
- Add the cauliflower florets, whizz again to fine crumbs.
- Add the rest of the ingredients and blend to a smooth dough.
- Transfer the dough to the prepared baking sheet and flatten to a rectangle, about 1 cm thick
- Bake in the preheated oven for 30 minutes till golden brown.
- Remove from the oven, place on a cooling rack and let it cool completely before cutting to squares.
Hi! My name is Galit Hahn, certified nutritionist an one of the nutrition experts of Renewmyday.
Let me be your guide bringing an indulging culinary world backed with nutritional science and a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual wellbeing.
I hope you will be inspired by my recipes!