Cauliflower tabbouleh salad
A healthier version of the famous Lebanese salad
This salad is perfect for the lunch box or picnic. You can also serve it as a side dish for dinner and it is absolutely a star on a buffet.
A large bunch each of: parsley, coriander, mint, finely chopped
2 spring onion, finely chopped
A handful of pine nuts
Juice and zest from 1 lemon
3 tbsp olive oil
Salt and pepper to taste
- Place the cauliflower florets in the container of a food processor and, using the metal blade, whizz the cauliflower to a fine crumbs texture. Transfer to a large salad bowl.
- Add the chopped herbs and sliced springonion
- Add the lemon juice and zest
- Sprinkle with olive oil and add some salt and pepper
- Add some more mint leaves, a handful of pine nuts and some more oil and salt and pepper to taste
For variations you can add diced tomato or pomegranate kernels.
Hi! My name is Galit Hahn, certified nutritionist an one of the nutrition experts of Renewmyday.
Let me be your guide bringing an indulging culinary world backed with nutritional science and a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual wellbeing.
I hope you will be inspired by my recipes!