Packed with vegetables and protein this is a perfect lunch box and picnic recipe
Frittatas are vegetable packed mini omelettes. In this recipe we use the oven instead of frying individual portions. It's a low carb lunch that can prevent the famous post-lunch-energy-dip and keep you energised and focused in the afternoon.
1 shallot, diced
1 small leek, white part only, sliced
1 red bell pepper, diced
1 small courgette or summer squash, diced
1/2 frozen peas, thawed
Salt and pepper
2 organic, free range eggs
4 tbsp Crean ( I used almond cream)
A handful of dill or chives, finely chopped
50 gr. feta cheese
- Preheat the oven to 180 degrees. Brush a 6 muffin baking tin with a bit of olive oil.
- Heat the oil in a wide pan and add the chopped shallot. Cook on medium heat until the shallot is transparent.
- Add the rest of the cut vegetables, season with salt and pepper and keep cooking while stirring from time to time.
- While the vegetables are cooking, beat the eggs in a bowl, add the cream, salt and pepper to taste and herbs. Mix well.
- Divide the cooked vegetables evenly between the six muffin holes.
- Crumble the feta cheese on top.
- Pour a ladleful of the egg mixture on top of each pile. Shake the baking tin gently to make sure the egg is spreading evenly.
- Bake in the preheated oven for about 20 minutes or until the frittatas are puffed and browned.
Remove from the oven, run a butter knife around each frittata and lift out from the baking tin. Eat warm or at room temperature.
Hi! My name is Galit Hahn, certified nutritionist an one of the nutrition experts of Renewmyday.
Let me be your guide bringing an indulging culinary world backed with nutritional science and a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual wellbeing.
I hope you will be inspired by my recipes!