Spinach crêpes with mushrooms and greens
Boost your vitality with this well balanced meal
These crêpes are so nourishing on their own accord. Packing them with mushrooms adds extra protein and the green leaves add even more vitamins. A super healthy lunch recipe! The crêpes can be prepared ahead of time. You can also keep the batter for few days in the fridge and fry the crêpes fresh on demand.
3 tbsp linseeds, soaked together with the oats
1 cup unsweetened almond milk
3/4 cup chickpea flour
1 tsp salt
Freshly ground black pepper
A pinch of cayenne pepper (optional)
A handful of basil leaves
100g fresh spinach leaves, washed and drained
1 tsp cumin seeds
Coconut oil for frying
2 cups mushroom of you choice (can be a mixture)
1-2 tbsp soy sauce
A pinch of chilli flakes
1 ripe avocado, halved and sliced
A large handful of baby salad leaves
- Place soaked oats and lineseeds with their liquid in a blender container, add the rest of the ingredients, apart from the cumin seeds, and blend on a high speed to a smooth and creamy batter. If too thick add 1-3 tbsp water to get a nice crêpe batter consistency.
- Mix in the cumin seeds without blending so you see them whole in your crêpes.
- Heat some coconut oil in a heavy pancake frying pan and pour a ladleful of the batter at a time, spreading it evenly by tilting the pan. Cook for 4-5 minutes until the bottom is golden brown and the crêpe is solid. Flip carefully using a wide spatula and cook for another 2 minutes. Repeat with the rest of the batter wile keeping your prepared crêpes warm.
- While the crêpes are being fried, heat some coconut oil in a separate pan and stir fry the mushrooms until tender, drizzle the soy sauce and sprinkle some chilli flakes. Cook until al the liquid is absorbed.
- Place a spoonful of mushrooms in the centre of each crêpe, add few avocado slices and a handful of salad leaves. Fold the crêpe in two, over the filling and enjoy.
Hi! My name is Galit Hahn, certified nutritionist an one of the nutrition experts of Renewmyday.
Let me be your guide bringing an indulging culinary world backed with nutritional science and a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual wellbeing.
I hope you will be inspired by my recipes!