Sweet potato pancakes
Extra nourishing pancakes to kick start your day
Sweet potatoes are literally a super-food. When you bake sweet potatoes for dinner, make sure to add one or two extra so you can use them as the base for this super nourishing and delicious breakfast pancakes,
1 organic free range egg
3-4 tbsp GF flour like rice/ quinoa/ buckwheat/ millet/ oat
2 tsp baking powder
A pinch of salt
3-4 tbsp plant milk like almond or soy (or more to get the right consistency)
1 tsp vanilla extract, cinnamon or spekulaas kruiden
Some coconut oil for frying
- Place all ingredients in a mixing bowl and whisk to a smooth batter only until there are no lumps. Don’t over mix.
- It should be like a thick cake batter. If too thick add one more tbsp plant milk.
- Heat some coconut oil in a skillet and fry a large spoonful of batter at a time to get small (10 cm in diameter) pancakes. Serve with honey, date syrup or maple syrup.
In case you still need to bake the sweet potato first:
- pre-heat your oven to 180 degrees
- slice the potato in half and put the two halfs on a baking tray
- bake them for 30 minutes until they turn slightly dark and soft
Hi! My name is Galit Hahn, certified nutritionist an one of the nutrition experts of Renewmyday.
Let me be your guide bringing an indulging culinary world backed with nutritional science and a deeper understanding of the connection between the food we eat and our physical, mental and even spiritual wellbeing.
I hope you will be inspired by my recipes!